Tuesday, September 14, 2010
I have been putting off updating my blog because I thought not much happened last week. But I have thought about it and I guess I had a pretty busy week. I didn't take any pictures though. Well I took pictures of the bread I made because I finally got bread pans so they look nice and not so flat. But of course I am having trouble loading those. So let's get on with all the fun things I did this last week.
Monday - Zumba = lots of laughing at our lack of rhythm. One of the wives here teaches it and I don't know if I will ever be good at it. I went with Angela and we spent most of our time missing the steps and laughing but we had a ton of fun.
Thursday - This was my busiest day last week. First I joined some other spouses to learn how to sew/quilt. I am making a pot holder right now. When I get it finished I will post pictures, right now it looks a little sad. Then I came home and made Calzones for Joel for dinner. Went to Zumba at 5:15 and then came home got ready quickly and then went out for dinner. It was a Welcome dinner for all the spouses that are part of the SOS (Significant Other on Saba) group. It was great to meet new people, laugh a lot and have a great dinner.
Saturday - I did baking for church and made some delicious things. I was craving lemon squares so I made some super lemony squares that were so good. I ate way to many. Then I made chocolate chickpea cupcakes. They were melt in your mouth delicious. I don't think I will make cupcakes any other way again.
Sunday - Was the first church service of the semester. There were a lot more people then I thought would be there. It was great to meet some of the people Joel had told me about and it was a very nice group of people.
This whole week I have been spending a lot of time alone because Joel had his first set of exams yesterday. He did really well so we got to celebrate. We walked down to the "beach" (a very rocky beach like area) and went snorkeling and swimming. It was nice and relaxing. Then we came back and he did some more studying and I made dinner (black bean burgers and sweet potato fries). We ate outside and had a nice evening relaxing together.
I am starting to really like this cooking thing. I do a lot of it and I like to try new recipes all the time so send me any good (healthy) recipes you have and hopefully I can find the ingredients here that I need. Between the lack of groceries and my small oven I find it a little difficult to make everything I want to. But Joel's friends are still jealous of his leftover lunches.
Oh and one more thing, I am getting a nephew!!!!!! My sister is having another baby in January and found out yesterday she is having a boy. A boy and a girl, how perfect. I am super sad I won't get to meet him in person till next summer but if she can find a way to name him after me in some way I think I will get over it.
Okay off to find something to do to fill my time....
Monday - Zumba = lots of laughing at our lack of rhythm. One of the wives here teaches it and I don't know if I will ever be good at it. I went with Angela and we spent most of our time missing the steps and laughing but we had a ton of fun.
Thursday - This was my busiest day last week. First I joined some other spouses to learn how to sew/quilt. I am making a pot holder right now. When I get it finished I will post pictures, right now it looks a little sad. Then I came home and made Calzones for Joel for dinner. Went to Zumba at 5:15 and then came home got ready quickly and then went out for dinner. It was a Welcome dinner for all the spouses that are part of the SOS (Significant Other on Saba) group. It was great to meet new people, laugh a lot and have a great dinner.
Saturday - I did baking for church and made some delicious things. I was craving lemon squares so I made some super lemony squares that were so good. I ate way to many. Then I made chocolate chickpea cupcakes. They were melt in your mouth delicious. I don't think I will make cupcakes any other way again.
Sunday - Was the first church service of the semester. There were a lot more people then I thought would be there. It was great to meet some of the people Joel had told me about and it was a very nice group of people.
This whole week I have been spending a lot of time alone because Joel had his first set of exams yesterday. He did really well so we got to celebrate. We walked down to the "beach" (a very rocky beach like area) and went snorkeling and swimming. It was nice and relaxing. Then we came back and he did some more studying and I made dinner (black bean burgers and sweet potato fries). We ate outside and had a nice evening relaxing together.
I am starting to really like this cooking thing. I do a lot of it and I like to try new recipes all the time so send me any good (healthy) recipes you have and hopefully I can find the ingredients here that I need. Between the lack of groceries and my small oven I find it a little difficult to make everything I want to. But Joel's friends are still jealous of his leftover lunches.
Oh and one more thing, I am getting a nephew!!!!!! My sister is having another baby in January and found out yesterday she is having a boy. A boy and a girl, how perfect. I am super sad I won't get to meet him in person till next summer but if she can find a way to name him after me in some way I think I will get over it.
Okay off to find something to do to fill my time....
1 comments:
Annedrew? Annedrex? Anneisanerd? You tell me which one you like the best.x