Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Okay so I don't have mad quilting skills but I did learn how to sew a pot holder. I think the "homemadeness" makes it cute. Well that is what I tell myself when I see the crooked, not so square final product.
But I am determined to get better at this whole sewing thing. Sally (a wife of one of the professors) hosts us every Thursday and teaches us a what ever we want to know about sewing. Also she feeds us Toaster Strudel, prepared by the gorgeous Kelly. Check us out in action.
But I am determined to get better at this whole sewing thing. Sally (a wife of one of the professors) hosts us every Thursday and teaches us a what ever we want to know about sewing. Also she feeds us Toaster Strudel, prepared by the gorgeous Kelly. Check us out in action.
I think my next step is to order some "kits" online and try them out. They come with all the material and patterns so all I need to do it cut and sew. There are no fabric stores here and I am not about to try and match fabrics online. So wish me luck!
Okay the garden. I am having luck with a few plants but not all. I promised my sister I would take a picture of the flowering zucchini.
Oh I am sooo excited for zucchini. There was some at the grocery store last week so I bought some and it was soooo good. I made lasagna with it (see below) and today I made whole wheat, zucchini and chocolate chip loaf. It is delicious. Maybe I will post pictures of that next week.
mmmm cheesy goodness
My basil is also doing REALLY well. I am holding myself back from trying to pick it all and eat it. I need the plants to grow a little bigger before I can start harvesting. Look at how beautiful it is....
Okay now I will let you know what Joel has been up to, studying. Yep that is pretty much it. He just finished his first block exams yesterday and got all A's. That's my boy. See mom I am not effecting his studying at all, no need to come home. Thank goodness because I am enjoying myself way too much here.
I am going to study up on how to use our nice camera so I can start taking some better shots for all of you, instead of my point and shoot silliness. I will leave you again with just a couple pictures of some things I have made lately..
Whole Wheat Bread
Lemon Berry Muffins
Spicy Oil and Shrimp Pasta. Which looks good but tasted BAD. Especially with all that parsley. I tried it for you Ellen but yuck!
Cinnamon Rolls from the blog The Pioneer Woman Cooks . I forgot to take a picture of the finished project but they were fantastic. If you go and look at the recipe I did not make the icing she made, just a simple milk and icing sugar icing. Also as a side note she mentions a book on her website that I would love for Christmas or any old reason. How to Cook Without a Book.
Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment, it entertains me.
(Help me figure out a new name for this blog, post your ideas!)

2 comments:
Anne those all look delicious!! especially those cinnamon buns! mmm yummy!!
I think you should start posting your recipe's too!! then other people can follow along with! or maybe start a second blog of just recipe's??
I was totally going to start sharing recipes next time. You're a mind reader.