I guess I have changed since I came to Saba. I could barely make dinner for Joel and I when I came, and then last week with the help of some lovely ladies I made dinner for 14 adults and 3 children. Who saw that coming? 

I am proud (well Winnipeg proud) to have introduced perogies to a lot of new people. I love perogies and am always so sad when people tell me they have never heard of them much less tried them. So I got to work with the help of Leslie and Lauren assembling about 8 dozen (I think it was more but we lost count) potato/cheddar and sauerkraut/bacon perogies. Of course I had all the fixings: sour cream, bacon and sautéed onions. I could only find turkey kielbasa so I passed on that, and there was no rye bread. So it wasn't the full experience but I tried. The meal was topped off with a huge salad and my other favourite, apple crisp. I had a fabulous time and was so happy to have Leslie and Lauren there to help. I am also thankful for Lauren letting us use her house, because I know my 342 sq. ft. of cottage could not accommodate that many people  

The only disadvantage to doing the cooking is that I have no pictures of the event. So if you want to see my masterpiece and all my friends chowing down head over to Lauren's blog, http://fromourfrontporch.com/2011/06/14/sos-cooking-night/

I did take these pictures last week though....

Sophie watching geckos run across our screen at night


The other Sophie. The dog we have been fostering for a few days. 
She loves treats, walks, sleeping and getting pet. 
She is up for adoption if anyone is interested....