Wednesday, January 5, 2011
So I have updated you all on Aruba but have failed to tell you what else we have been up to.
We ended up back on Saba on December 24th. We had already celebrated Christmas with Joel's family in Aruba and we didn't actually buy each other gifts so Christmas was just another day for us.
I had trouble getting out of vacation mode so nothing really happened for a couple days. Then work called and I have been busy since. I have already worked 6 days since the 28th. Which is a lot for me since I really haven't worked since well June. But I don't know if I would consider hanging out with my sister and niece all day really "work". So anyways I have been busy with that and then we had some new spouses and students come in so Joel and I met then either at the airport or the harbour with welcome baskets. There are some nice stories from that but you would only appreciate them if you lived here so I won't bore you.
Joel started school yesterday and it was a nice and easy day so he was actually done studying by the time I got home from work. Then we headed out with the group to Swinging Doors for some BBQ ribs and some fun. It is nice to have everyone back, it feels less lonely at the Gate House now.
Joel and I were able to get two dives in this weekend too so I have posted some pictures below. But first I have to show you all my new organizational tool put to good use. An over the door hook. I kind of have an obsession with hooks. I would put them everywhere if I could. So when Joel's parents gave us one for Christmas I was thrilled. They also brought us other ones but I didn't take pictures of those. But we do have 10 hooks in our bathroom now. But seriously when you live in a place as small as ours where else do you put your stuff? Anyways back to this hook. Take a look...
Before
"Installed"
Making fun of me for taking pictures....
In use!
We also tried to see if the beach was in because friends of our had seen it here.
But no, just signs for falling rocks...
Us with tans, crazy I know.
Joel contemplating bringing out the boogie board
Then realizing this is where the waves crash
These are our scuba pictures. There are a lot but we saw some great things!
Lobster
Eels
Pretty Coral
Me shivering
If you look closely you can see a yellowish Moray eel hiding in the coral
Who swam around and was over 6 feet long
Then hid here till we went away
Garden eels who hide in the sand when you swim over them
Me swimming away
Surprise picture attack on Joel
Joel and his friend in the little turtle.
*follow where his eyes are looking
Close up shot of our little friend
Then he got shy from all the pictures
Oh and we also had a fabulous New Years Eve with our friends at Sea Saba. They are always fun!
Hopefully I will upload those pictures soon for another post.
Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season!




















1 comments:
Love the shy turtle picture, SO cute!