Monday, October 18, 2010
I started the week off busy and productive. Monday I did some things around the house and made a mushroom filled dinner. Yep, they were on sale at the grocery store and I picked up 2 packages before I even thought of what to do with them. So I jumped head first into cream of mushroom soup and stuffed mushrooms. I never realized how easy it is to make cream of mushroom soup and how much better it tastes then from the can. Poor Joel is not a fan of soup or mushrooms but he powered through. I didn't make him take any for lunch the next day because I am nice like that. Here are some pictures of my work, my oh so tasty work.
getting ready to do some stuffing
stuffed and ready for the oven
got a nice little tan in the oven
our mushroomfest with left over garlic buns
mmmmmmmmmmm
Last week at sewing we had a visitor and an additional student. The visitor was the woman that started the quilting group. Her name is Ruth and she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and I learned so much from her in the few minutes I spoke with her. Her husband was one of Joel's favourite professors but they are now living on Statia. We also had Lauren come to learn a thing or two because she had a week off work. Her mother-in-law got her started on a quilt before she came so she came to hang out with us and get a little help. When sewing was all said and done Lauren came back to my place for lunch and to sit around the pool and teach me a little about blogging. I have not had time to work on any of the things she showed me yet but maybe by the end of the week. I had fun anyways and it looked a little like this. The picture is a little sun drenched but if you can see we have our matching macbooks and we are hard at work.
Also this week I went and watched Joel play indoor soccer. It looked like it was so much fun I might even join in next time. Plus I like running on flat surfaces so that will be my only chance. Today I signed up for my Scuba certification class so I should be certified by the end of the month. I have my books so I will be doing some studying along with Joel this time. And last but not least..... my fabric came in today!!!! I was sooo excited! I still haven't seen it but I will be at sewing bright and early tomorrow so I can get started on my quilt. I know, little things amuse me but I have never bought fabric for anything before.
I am off to go cook dinner because I ran out of gas down here so I will head up and get it all done before the crowd comes home. Don't tell Joel but it is a surprise dinner, Sloppy Joe's! He doesn't get a lot of meat so I am sure he will be thrilled. I hope everyone has a fantastic week and if any of you see Amy Harris (Enns) give her a birthday hug for me!
3 comments:
Love the picture! Super cute. Do you have a recipe for the mushrooms? I have a pile of leftover stuffing from our thanksgiving dinner, I am wondering if that would work for stuffing mushrooms... I'll have to experiment. See you at cooking night, if not before then.
Anne! I was wondering if you got Amy Butler fabric in the mail...girls at work say it's available on ebay (I don't know if the specific line you want would be on there but it wouldn't hurt to check it out). Happy sewing! Lesley
Hey Lesley! I couldn't get the Amy Butler I wanted but I am looking for fabric already for my next quilt so I will see what I can find this time. Thanks for the heads up though!